This colourful vegetable bake and its side dishes are packed with goodness. Any leftover bake can be used for packed lunches later in the week. Lil’ L says it’s ‘deeeelicious’ 🙂
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 15-20 minutes
500 g / 17½oz puff pastry (I use the Jus Rol ready-made puff pastry, available in all major supermarkets)
4 tbsp tomato puree and/or creamy cashew nut and tofu spread
2 tbsp pesto
1 red pepper, sliced
1 yellow pepper, sliced
1 courgette, sliced
1-2 handfuls black olives
1 handful pinenuts
1 handful sliced almonds
N.B. For children that aren’t keen on chunky vegetables, try whizzing them in a food processor or mini chopper to make them super fine. Lil’ L much prefers his peppers prepared this way.
- Preheat the oven to 200C / 400F / Gas 6.
- Roll the puff pastry into a rectangle approximately 30cm x 20cm (12” x 8”). Divide into 4 individual rectangles, each roughly 15cm x 10cm (6” x 4”).
- Using a knife, spread on the base (tomato puree / creamy cashew nut tofu spread) and pesto.
- Sprinkle on the vegetables and nuts, leaving a small border of pastry.
- Drizzle with olive oil and cook for 15-20 minutes, until the edges of the pastry square are golden.
- We like to serve this with a portion of crispy kale and tomato, basil and walnut oil salad.